TABLE OF CONTENTS
Why Polyandry is not permitted in Islam
1) Islamic reasons
- 1.1) Inheritance issues
- 1.2) Responsibilities of a Wife legislated in Islam
- To conclude:
2) Imbalance in world Demographics
3) THE DEATH RATE OF MALE IS MORE THAN FEMALE
- 3.1) Alcohol consumption
- 3.2) War, Genocide and ilk
4) SOCIO-CULTURAL CHALLENGES
5) ANSWERING SOME COMMON MISCONCEPTIONS & OBJECTIONS
- 5.1) ISLAM STARTED POLYGAMY
- 5.2) It is Unfair to women
- 5.3) POLYGAMOUS MARRIAGES ARE A FAILURE
- 5.4) HOW DOES YOUR ISLAM GIVE WOMEN EQUAL RIGHTS WHILE IT PERMITS POLYGAMY BUT PROHIBITS POLYANDRY?!
- 5.5) If Polygamy was to prevent men from cheating, why do they still cheat?
- 5.6) DNA is available today then why is polyandry still an issue?
- 5.7) Why has your prophet then encouraged to have more children thereby encouraging polygamy ? Also one of his companions and some islamic scholars encourage the same
- 5.8) Polyandry has some economical benefits to the society. And sometimes even some social betterment chances. Then why not?