Saturday 25 August 2012

WHY ABU BAKR WAS THE BEST MAN AFTER ALL THE MESSENGERS?




Abu bakr (r.a) the first friend of rasool (s.a.w), the first support to rasool (s.a.w) outside his family, one of the father in laws of the prophet (s.a.w) and the first khalifah of Islam !. Those who have read about this great man, would weep in tears and pray that Oh Allah ! give us death with us being among the Muslims and unite us with the sahabas and our prophet (s.a.w) so that we may kiss, embrace and honor  them. By Allah ! Allah alone knows the greatness of the sahabas, and especially Abu bakr (r.a). 

I have furnished only a few reasons showing the unique virtues of Abu bakr (r.a). Those who wish to read about him (a.s) in detail can refer to the below link :


http://the-finalrevelation.blogspot.in/p/download-islamic-books-softwares.html

For Android Phones see # 14 | For E-book see #36


On the authority of Umar: 
“If the Eemaan of Abu Bakr was weighed against the Eemaan of the people of the earth, the Eemaan of Abu Bakr would outweigh the others.”

[
Narrated by al-Bayhaqi in ‘al-Jamia’ lashu’ab al-Eemaan’ (1:18) and its narrators are trustworthy.] 


33 - حَدَّثَنَا عَلِيُّ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ الْفَضْلِ، بِمِصْرَ قَالَ: نَا إِبْرَاهِيمُ بْنُ شَرِيكٍ، قَالَ: نَا عُقْبَةُ بْنُ مُكْرَمٍ، قَالَ: نَا يُونُسُ بْنُ بُكَيْرٍ , عَنْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ إِسْحَاقَ , عَنْ أَبِي جَعْفَرٍ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عَلِيٍّ قَالَ: مَنْ لَمْ  يَعْرِفْ فَضْلَ أَبِي بَكْرٍ وَعُمَرَ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُمَا فَقَدْ جَهِلَ السُّنَّة
َ 
Imaam Abu Ja`far bin `Ali ibn Hussayn rahimahullah says : “ Whoever is unaware of the virtues of Abu Bakr and `Umar, (then) he is ignorant (jaahil) about the sunnah 

[Ref: Fadhail As-Shaaba lid-Daraqutni (33 – Vol 1/59); Fadhail as-Sahaaba Lil Imaam Ahmad (100); Hilyatil Awliyah (3/185); Saheeh by Hafidh Zubayr `Ali Zaee] 



ﺣﺪﺛﻨﺎ ﻋﺒﺪ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻗﺎﻝ : ﺣﺪﺛﻨﻲ ﺃﺑﻲ ، ﻗﺜﻨﺎ ﺃﺳﺒﺎﻁ ، ﻋﻦ ﻋﻤﺮﻭ ﺑﻦ ﻗﻴﺲ ﻗﺎﻝ : ﺳﻤﻌﺖ ﺟﻌﻔﺮ ﺑﻦ ﻣﺤﻤﺪ ﺑﻦ ﻋﻠﻲ ﻳﻘﻮﻝ : ﺑﺮﺉ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻣﻤﻦ ﺗﺒﺮﺃ ﻣﻦ ﺃﺑﻲ ﺑﻜﺮ ﻭﻋﻤﺮ

Imam Muhammad bin Jaafar as-Saadiq rahimahullah says : Allah is free from the one who is free from Abu Bakr and `Umar 

[Ref: Fadhail Sahaba Imaam Ahmad (143) Saheeh by Hafidh Zubayr]



1 – From Sahl Ibn Saad who said the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- consulted Abu Bakr and Umar, and they advised the Messenger -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam-, and Abu Bakr was correct in his advice. The Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said: Indeed Allaah dislikes for Abu Bakr to be wrong.’[1]

Also :
Abu Qatadah reported, “We went along with the Messenger of Allah in the year of Hunayn. When we met the enemy, we suffered a reverse. I saw one of the polytheists getting the better of one of the Muslims. I struck him on his shoulder blade with my sword and cut his coat of mail. He turned to me and pressed me to him so hard that I felt death was near. However, he let me go when he was overtaken by death. I then saw 'Umar ibn al-Khattab and asked him what was the matter with the people, to which he replied that it was what Allah had decreed. Then the Muslims returned and defeated the enemy. After that the Prophet sat down and said, “Anyone who killed an enemy, and could prove it, he will get his share of the spoils.” I asked “Who will testify for me?” and then sat down. The Prophet made the same announcement a second time, and I again askeed, “Who will testify for me?” and sat down. The Prophet repeated his word a third time, and I again got up. He saw me and said, “What is the matter with you, Abu Qatadah?” When I told him my story, a man verified my statement and said, “He had spoken the truth, O Messenger of Allah. I have his share of the spoils, so gratify him by giving something else in exchange.” Upon this, Abu Bakr said, “Never, I swear by Allah, the Prophet will never do so in the case of one of the Allah's heroes who fights for Him and His Messenger, and then he should give you his share of the spoils.” The Prophet said “He (Abu Bakr) has had spoken the truth” and asked the man to hand it over to me

[Muslim, Kitab al-Sahih, vol. 12 (Cairo, 1349 A.H.), pp. 57-61.]


2 - It is narrated from Jundub –RadhiAllaah anhu- that he heard the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- five days before he passed away saying: ‘Indeed I free myself from you before Allaah that I took a close friend from amongst you, indeed Allaah took me as a close friend, as He took Ibraheem as a close friend. If I was to take someone from my Ummah as a close friend, I would have taken Abu Bakr as my close friend.’[2]

3 – From Abu Huraira –RadhiAllaah anhu- who said that the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said: ‘No wealth ever benefitted me as did the wealth of Abu Bakr.’ When Abu Bakr heard this he began to cry and said: ‘O Messenger of Allaah am I and my wealth not for you?’[3]

4 – From Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri –RadhiAllaah anhu- who said the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- delivered a Khutbah to the people and said:

‘Indeed Allaah gave a slave of His a choice between the Duniya and between what is with Him, so the slave of Allaah chose that which is with Allaah.’

Abu Sa’eed mentions: Abu Bakr began crying, we were surprised at him crying, because the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- had mentioned a slave of Allaah being given a choice. Abu Bakr understood that the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- was the one who had been given that choice and Abu Bakr was the most knowledgeable from amongst us.

The Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said:

‘Indeed from the one who sacrificed for me the most from amongst the people, with his companionship and his wealth was Abu Bakr. If I were to take a close friend, I would have taken Abu Bakr as a close friend, but what occurs is the brotherhood of Islaam and its affection. There is no doorway to the Masjid except that it should be closed off, except the door of Abu Bakr.’[4]

5 – From Abu Bakr -Radi Allaahu anhu- who said: ‘I was with the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- whilst he was in the cave, when I raised my head I was suddenly at the feet of the people, so I said: ‘O Prophet of Allaah if some of them look down they will see us.’ He -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- replied: ‘Be quiet Abu Bakr (we are) two and the third is Allaah.’[5]

6 – From Anas -Radi Allaahu anhu- said that Abu Bakr -Radi Allaahu anhu- narrated to him saying: ‘I said to the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- while he was in the cave: ‘If one of them looks at his feet he will see us underneath his feet. The Messenger of Allaah said: ‘O Abu Bakr what would you think about two and Allaah is the third of them.’[6]

7 – From Hudhayfah -Radi Allaahu anhu- who said that the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said: ‘Follow the example of those after me Abu Bakr and Umar.’[7]

8 – From Hudhayfah -Radi Allaahu anhu- who said that the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said: ‘Indeed I do not know how long I will be amongst you so follow those after me and he indicated towards Abu Bakr and Umar.’[8]

9 – From Jaabir bin Abdullaah -Radi Allaahu anhu- who said that the Messenger of Allaah said: ‘Abu Bakr and Umar in relation to this Deen are like the hearing and sight are to the head.’[9]

10 – From Ayesha -Radi Allaahu anha- who said that the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- told me whilst he was ill:

‘Call Abu Bakr your father and your brother to me so I can write a piece of writing, because I fear that a person will have the desire [to lead after me] and someone will say I am foremost for the Khalafah but Allaah and the believers refused that the Khalafah should go to anyone other than Abu Bakr.’[10]

11 – From Abu Huraira -Radi Allaahu anhu- who narrated that the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam-said: ‘What a blessed man is Abu Bakr, what a blessed man is Umar, what a blessed man is Abu Ubaidah bin Jarrah.’[11]

12 – From Abu al-Darda -Radi Allaahu anhu- who said:

‘I was sitting with the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- when Abu Bakr came to him holding up the end of his garment so much so that his knee became uncovered.

The Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said:

‘As for your companion he has just been engaged in an adventure and has been saved.’

Then (Abu Bakr) -Radi Allaahu anhu- said: ‘O Messenger of Allaah something occurred (disagreement) between Ibn Khattab and I, and I regretted my action and hurried to him and asked him to forgive me but he refused so I came to you.’

The Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said:

‘May Allaah forgive you Abu Bakr’ three times. Then Umar -Radi Allaahu anhu- felt regret and went to Abu Bakr’s house and asked: ‘Is Abu Bakr here?’ they replied ‘no.’

So Umar -Radi Allaahu anhu- went to the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- and gave him sallams, upon which the Prophet’s face became angry, so much so that Abu Bakr was overcome with sympathy for Umar and fell on his knees and said: ‘O Messenger of Allaah I swear by Allaah I was the one who oppressed,’ and he said this twice.

The Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said:

‘Indeed Allaah sent me to you [the people] but you said that I lied, but, Abu Bakr said I was truthful and he supported me with his own self and with his wealth. ‘Will you not then give up harming my Companion?’ he asked this two times.

Abu Bakr was not harmed again after that.’[12]

13- Abu Huraira reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, saying, “Anyone who spends a pair in the cause of Allah will be called from all the gates of Paradise: O servant of Allah, this is good! The people of prayer will be called from the gate of prayer; the people of struggle will be called from the gate of struggle; the people of charity will be called from the gate of charity; and the people of fasting will be called from the gate of fasting, called the gate of Ar-Rayyan.” Abu Bakr said, “One who is called from all those gates will need nothing. Will anyone be called from all those gates, O Messenger of Allah?” He said, “Yes, and I hope you will be among them, O Abu Bakr.” [13]

14- Amr ibn Al-As reported: The Prophet, peace be upon him, had sent me on an expedition with the army. I said to him, “Which of the people is most beloved to you?” He said, “Aisha.” I said, “I mean among men.” He said, “Her father.” I said, “Then who?” He said, “Umar ibn Al-Khattab,” and he mentioned some other men. [14]

15- Ibn Umar said, “We would consider who was the best of people during the time of the Prophet, peace be upon him, and we considered Abu Bakr to be the best, and then Umar ibn Al-Khattab, and then Uthman ibn Affan, may Allah be pleased with them.” [15]

16- Rabi’ah al-Aslami narrated: 

I used to serve the Messenger of Allah. So, he gave me a piece of land, and gave Abu Bakr a piece of land. Then, the worldly life came and and we argued over a bunch of palm trees, and Abu Bakr said: “It is in my piece of land!” and I said: “It is in my piece of land!” Then, there was an exchange of words between Abu Bakr and myself. So, Abu Bakr said something to me that I disliked, and he regretted that.
So, he said to me: “O Rabi’ah! Say back to me what I said to you so that we would be equal.”

I said: “I will not do so!”

Abu Bakr said: “Say it, or I will call the Messenger of Allah on you!”

I said: “I will not do so.”

So, Abu Bakr – may Allaah be pleased with him – went to the Prophet and I followed him, so the people from (the tribe of) Aslam came and said: “May Allah have mercy on Abu Bakr! Why would he call the Messenger of Allah on you when he (the Prophet) has said to you what he has said?”

So, I said: “Do you know who that is? That is Abu Bakr as-Siddiq! He is the one who was in the Cave with the Prophet, and he is the elder of the Muslims! So, you had better not cause him to turn around and see you helping me against him, making him angry, causing the Messenger of Allah to come and become angry because of Abu Bakr’s anger, thereby causing Allah to become angry for both of their anger, thereby causing me to be destroyed!”

So, they said: “So, what do you want us to do?”

I said: “Go back to where you came from.”

So, Abu Bakr went to the Messenger of Allah and I followed him by myself and continued until he got to the Prophet and informed him of our conversation as it happened.

So, he (the Prophet) raised his head to me and said: “O Rabi’ah! What is going on between you and as-Siddiq?”

So, I said: “O Messenger of Allah, this happened and that happened, and he said something to me that I disliked, and he told me to say the same thing back to him so that we would be equal.”

So, the Messenger of Allah said: “Do not return his comment to him. Rather, say ‘May Allah forgive you, O Abu Bakr! May Allah forgive you O Abu Bakr!’”

So, Abu Bakr – may Allah have Mercy on him – turned his face and began to cry. [16]

17- – From Ibn Abi Layla who said:  

‘Abu Bakr and Umar were being discussed, so a man from ‘Attarad 
said: ‘Umar is better than Abu Bakr.’ Al-Jarrood said: ‘Rather Abu Bakr is better than him.’ This news reached Umar -Radi Allaahu anhu, and he began to beat him with a stick  until he ran off, then he turned to al-Jarrood but he said:  ‘Be away from me!’ Then Umar said: ‘Abu Bakr was the best of the people after the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- in such and such thing.’Then Umar said: ‘Whoever says other than this, then we will do to him what we do to a slanderer.’ 

[Collected by Abdullaah bin Ahmad bin Hanbal in ‘as-Sunnah’ 2/579 and taken from the Book of Muhammad Uthmaan al-Anjaaree titled " The Life of the Greatest Man After the Prophets & Messengers: Abu Bakr as-Siddeeq]

18- From Abu Juhayfah who said:I heard Ali saying: ‘Shall I not inform you who is the best of this  Ummah after its Prophet, it is Abu Bakr.’ Then Ali continued: ‘Shall I not inform you who is the best of this Ummah after Abu Bakr it is Umar.’

[Collected by Ahmad & authenticated by Ahmad Shakir. Imam Dhahabi said in ‘Tareekh al-Khulafah’ p.115: ‘I swear by Allaah the Magnificent, that this is what Ali said and it is Mutawatir from him, because he said this while on the Mimbar in Koofah, may Allaah fight the Rafidaah, how ignorant they are]


19- From Muhammad bin al-Hanafeeyah who said: 

I said to Ali bin Abi Taalib: O my father, who of the people is the best after the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam? He answered: 
‘Abu Bakr.’

[Collected by Abdullaah bin Ahmad bin Hanbal in ‘as-Sunnah’ No.1363]

20- From Muhammad bin al-Hanafeeyah who said: 

‘I asked my father, who of the people is the best after the  Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam?’ He answered: ‘Abu Bakr.’I asked: ‘Then who?’ He said: ‘then Umar.’ I feared that he would say Uthmaan, I then said: ‘Then you?’ He answered: ‘I am no other than a person from amongst the Muslims.’ 

[Collected by Bukhari]

21- From Shaqeeq who said: 

‘It was said to Ali -Radi Allaahu anhu: ‘Will you not appoint a leader?’ He replied: ‘The Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- did not appoint a leader, so how can I appoint one.  If Allaah  – Tabaraka wa Ta’ala – wants  good for the people then He gathers them as He gathered them after their Prophet upon the best of them.’ [i.e. Abu Bakr]

[Collected by Ibn Abi Aassim in ‘as-Sunnah’ 1221]

22- عَنْ عَمْرِو بْنِ الْعَاصِ قَالَ كَانَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ يُقْبِلُ بِوَجْهِهِ وَحَدِيثِهِ عَلَى أَشَرِّ الْقَوْمِ يَتَأَلَّفُهُمْ بِذَلِكَ فَكَانَ يُقْبِلُ بِوَجْهِهِ وَحَدِيثِهِ عَلَيَّ حَتَّى ظَنَنْتُ أَنِّي خَيْرُ الْقَوْمِ فَقُلْتُ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ أَنَا خَيْرٌ أَوْ أَبُو بَكْرٍ فَقَالَ أَبُو بَكْرٍ فَقُلْتُ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ أَنَا خَيْرٌ أَوْ عُمَرُ فَقَالَ عُمَرُ فَقُلْتُ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ أَنَا خَيْرٌ أَوْ عُثْمَانُ فَقَالَ عُثْمَانُ فَلَمَّا سَأَلْتُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ فَصَدَقَنِي فَلَوَدِدْتُ أَنِّي لَمْ أَكُنْ سَأَلْتُهُ


Amr ibn Al-As reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, would face himself and speak with the worst of the people. He would attend to them like that and he faced me and spoke with me until I thought I was the best of the people. I said, “O Messenger of Allah, am I better or Abu Bakr?” He said, “Abu Bakr.” I said, “O Messenger of Allah, am I better or Umar?” He said, “Umar.” I said, “O Messenger of Allah, am I better or is Uthman?” He said, “Uthman.” When I asked the Messenger of Allah, he told me the truth and I wished I had not asked him.
[At-Tirmidhi, Ash-Shama’il Al-Muhamadiyah, Number 334, Hasan]

23Jabir ibn Abdullah reported: Umar used to say, “Abu Bakr is our leader and he emancipated our leader,” meaning Bilal.

[Sahih Bukhari, Book 57, Number 98]

24- Narrated Abu Hurayrah: The Prophet (s.a.w) said: Gabriel came and taking me by the hand showed the gate of Paradise by which my people will enter. AbuBakr then said: Messenger of Allah! I wish I had been with you so that I might have looked at it. The Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) then said: You, AbuBakr, will be the first of my people to enter Paradise.

[Sunan Abi Dawud 4652, There are other ahadeeth which show that Abu bakr (r.a) will be the first one among the Ummah/Sahaabas to enter the Jannah]

25- From Abu Hurairah that a man cursed Abu Bakr while the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- was sitting there, and the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- became surprised and smiled. Then when Abu Bakr refuted him a lot with what he had said, the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- became angry and stood up and walked away.  Abu Bakr caught up with him and said: O Messenger of Allaah! He was cursing me and you remained sitting, and when I refuted him with a little of what he had said you became angry and walked away.  The Messenger -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said:

‘Indeed you had an Angel who was defending you, then when you refuted some of what he said, Shaytaan came and I did not sit with the Shaytaan.’

Then the Messenger -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said:

‘O Abu Bakr! There are three things which are all true: there is no slave of Allaah who is oppressed by any form of oppression, except that if he overlooks it for the sake of Allah –Azza wa Jal-, then Allaah will honour him with His aid/success due to overlooking it.

No man opens the door of giving and helping, wanting by that to have good ties, except that Allaah increases him a lot in that.

And no man opens the door to begging and continuously asking from people, wanting to have a lot except that Allaah decreases him a lot due to that.’

[Silsilah as-Saheeha, No. 2231]

26 -Four Distinctions of Abu Bakr radiallahu anhu

It is reported that Al-Sha’bî – Allâh have mercy on him – said:

Allâh the Exalted distinguished Abû Bakr Al-Siddîq – Allâh be pleased
with him – with four qualities He did not distinguish anyone else with: He
called him Al-Siddeeq (the true be­liever), and He never named anyone
else Al-Siddîq; [Abû Bakr] was the companion of Allâh’s Messenger –
praise and peace of Allâh be upon him – in the cave, and his companion
during the Migration (Al-Hijrah); and Allâh’s Messenger – praise and peace of Allâh be upon him – told him to lead the prayer in the presence of
the rest of the Muslims.


[Ref: Abu Bakr Al-Daynûrî, Al-Mujâlasah wa Jawâhir Al-’Ilm article 2815.]


27- 
It is reported from Sufyān b. ʿUyainah – Allāh have mercy on him – that a man once asked ʿAlī b. Ḥusayn b. ʿAlī b. ʾAbī Ṭālib – Allāh have mercy on him, "What was the status of Abū Bakr and ʿUmar with Rasūlullāh – Allāh’s praise and peace be upon him?" He replied, "Their place with him is like their place with him today (i.e. where they are in their graves)."

[Abū Bakr Al-Daynūrī, Al-Mujālasah wa Jawāhir Al-ʿIlm 4:254] 


28-Abdullah ibn Mas’ood reported that, when the Messenger of Allah(saw) died, the people of the Ansaar said, “Let there be two rulers: one that will be chosen from among us ( the Ansaar), and one that will be chosen from among you (i.e, from among the Muhaajiroon)”. ‘Umar(as) went to them and said, “O people of the Ansaar, don’t you know that the Messenger of Allah(saw) ordered Abubakr to lead the people in prayer. So which one of you would be pleased with himself if he were to be placed ahead of Abubakr(in ranking or status)?” The people of the Ansaar responded, “We seek refuge from being placed ahead of Abubakr”.

(Al-Mustadrak vol 3, page 67).

29- Abu Huraira reported that the Messenger of Allah (sallAllahu ‘alaihi wassallam) said to his companions, “Who has observed fast among you today?” Abu Bakr (radhiyAllahu ‘anhu) replied, “Me.” He (sallAllahu ‘alaihi wassallam) said, “Who among you followed a funeral procession today?” Abu Bakr (radhiyAllahu ‘anhu) replied, “Me”. He (sallAllahu ‘alayhi wassallam) said, “Who among you has fed a poor person (today)?” Abu Bakr (radhiyAllahu ‘anhu) replied, “Me”. He (sallAllahu ‘alaihi wassallam) said, “Who among you visited a sick person today?” Abu Bakr (radhiyAllahu ‘anhu) said, “Me.” Upon this the Messenger of Allah (sallAllahu ‘alayhi wassallam) said, “Anyone in whom (these good deeds) are combined will certainly, enter paradise

[Ref: 
Sahih Muslim, Book #5, Hadith #2242]

30 -  Abu Bakr (radhiyAllahu ‘anhu) died at the age of 63, which was the exact age at which the Messenger of Allah (sallAllahu ‘alayhi wassallam) died. As per his instructions,


[Ref:  At-Tabaqaat, Ibn Sa’ad (3/203, 204), and the chain of this narration is authentic as affirmed by Shaykh `Ali Muhammad as-Sallabi .]

31 -  Abu Bakr (radhiyAllahu ‘anhu) was washed by Asmaa bint ‘Umais (radhiyAllahu ‘anha) and was buried alongside the Messenger of Allah (sallAllahu ‘alayhi wassallam)

[Ref: Taareekh Al-Islam, by Adh-Dhahabee; and ‘Ahd Al-Khulafaa Ar-Raashidoon (pg. 120)]

32 - The Prophet (sallAllahu ‘alayhi wassallam) informed his Companions (radhiyAllahu ‘anhum) that, whenever he invited a person to Islam, that person would hesitate before making up his mind to embrace Islam – except for Abu Bakr (radhiyAllahu ‘anhu), who neither hesitated nor wavered. 
[Ref: “The Noble life of The Prophet, Vol. 1” by Ali Muhammad al-Sallaabee, 2005, p. 158]

33 - Immediately upon embracing Islam, Abu Bakr (radhiyAllahu ‘anhu) made it his primary mission in life to spread the message of Islam to others.

[Ref: The Biography of Abu Bakr As-Siddeeq” by Ali Muhammad al-Sallaabee, 2007, p. 51]

34- Many embraced Islam at his hands; here are some examples: ‘Uthmaan ibn ‘Affaan, ‘Abdur-Rahman ibn ‘Auf, Sa’d ibn Abee Waqqaas, Az-Zubair ibn Al-‘Awaam and Talhah ibn ‘Ubaidullah (radhiyAllahu ‘anhum). These particular five were the fruits of Abu Bakr’s Dawah. Once these five brave men entered the fold of Islam, others began to follow.

[Ref: The Biography of Abu Bakr As-Siddeeq” by Ali Muhammad al-Sallaabee, 2007, p.742] 


36- Our salaf and their `Aqeedah


وعن يحيى بن عون: قال: دخلت مع سحنون على ابن القصار وهو مريض، فقال: ما هذا القلق ؟ قال له: الموت والقدوم على الله.

قال له سحنون: ألست مصدقا بالرسل والبعث والحساب، والجنة والنار، وأن أفضل هذه الامة أبو بكر، ثم عمر، والقرآن كلام الله غير مخلوق، وأن الله يرى يوم القيامة، وأنه على العرش استوى، ولا تخرج على الائمة بالسيف، وإن جاروا.
قال: إي والله، فقال: مت إذا شئت، مت إذا شئت.


Yahya ibn Awn said : Sahnoon and myself went to visit Ibn al-Qasaar while he was sick and Sahnoon said : “ Why this worry?”  Ibn al-Qasar said to him : “    Death and going to Allah”. Sahnoon said to him : “ Do you not believe in the Messengers, the Resurrection, the judgement, Paradise and the fire?  And that the best of this Ummah was Abu Bakr and then `Umar? And that the Qur`an is the speech of Allah, uncreated and that Allah will be seen on the day of judgement?  And that Allah is above his throne? And that the leaders should not be rebelled against with the sword even if they transgress? Ibn ul-Qasaar then said : “ yes by Allah”. Sahnoon then said to him : “So die then if you should so will, die if you should so will.”


[Ref: Imam adh-Dhahabi relayed this in Siyar `alam an-Nubala (12/67)] 


37- Imam Abu jafar bin ali r.h during his sickness used to say

ﺍﻟﻠَّﻬُﻢَّ ﺇِﻧِّﻲ ﺃَﺗَﻮَﻟَّﻰ ﺃَﺑَﺎ ﺑَﻜْﺮٍ ﻭَﻋُﻤَﺮَ ﻭَﺃُﺣِﺒُّﻬُﻤَﺎ ، ﺍﻟﻠَّﻬُﻢَّ ﺇِﻥْ ﻛَﺎﻥَ ﻓِﻲ ﻧَﻔْﺴِﻲ ﻏَﻴْﺮَ ﻫَﺬَﺍ ﻓَﻼ ﻧَﺎﻟَﺘْﻨِﻲ ﺷَﻔَﺎﻋَﺔُ ﻣُﺤَﻤَّﺪٍ ﻳَﻮْﻡَ ﺍﻟْﻘِﻴَﺎﻣَﺔ

Oh Allah I take Abu Bakr and `Umar as my wali and love them (both). Oh Allah If you find in me (myself) other than this (i.e what I just said) then I will be deprived of the intercession of Muhammad on Qiyamah ! 

[Ref: Fadhail as-Sahaaba Daraqutni (66)]

38 


قال رجل لعمر بن الخطاب رضي الله عنه : مـا رأيت مثـلك ، قال عمر : رأيت أبا بكر ؟ قال الرجل : لا قال : لو قلت نعم إني رأيته لأوجعتك ضرباً ؛

A man said to ‘Umar رضي الله عنه “I haven’t seen anyone like you.” 'Umar said: “Have you seen Abu Bakr?” He said: “No.” 'Umar said: “If you had answered 'Yes, I have seen him' I would have hit you.”

[Ref: Ibn Abi Shaybah, 31993; via I love the Sahaba] 


39

 كان علي إذا ذكر عنده أبو بكر قال: السباق يذكرون السباق قال: والذي نفسي بيده ما استبقنا إلى خير قط

إلا سبقنا إليه أبو بكر



When Sayyiduna Abu Bakr (radiyallahu ‘anhu) was mentioned in the presence of Sayyiduna ‘Ali (radiyallahu ‘anhu) he would say:

“You are discussing the forerunner, I take an oath in that being in whose control is my life, whenever we tried to compete with Abu Bakr he always outdid us”

[Ref: Al Mu’jamul Awsat, Hadith: 7164. Refer: Majma’uz Zawaid, vol. 9 pg. 46; Dha`eef] 


40)

Sayyiduna ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Umar (radiyallahu ‘anhu) reports that Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said to Abu Bakr (radiyallahu ‘anhu):

“You will be my companion at the pond [of Kawthar] and were my companion in the cave (during Hijrah)”

[Ref: Sunan Tirmidhi, Hadith: 3670]




_______________________________________________________


[1] Narrated by at-Tabraani from the hadeeth of Sahl bin Sa’ad in ‘al-Awasat’ as in al-Mujma’ (9:46), and al-Haythami said: the narrators are trustworthy. 

[2] Narrated by Muslim (5:13 Nawawi).

[3] Narrated by Ibn Majah no.94 and authenticated by Albaani in Saheeh Sunnan Ibn Majah no. 77.

[4] Narrated by Bukhari & Muslim.

[5] Narrated by Bukhari & Muslim.

[6] Narrated by Imam Ahmad in ‘al-Musnad’ (1:4), shaykh Ahmad Shakir commented: its Isnaad is Saheeh.

[7] Narrated by Tirmidhi (5:609) no.3662 and said it was Hasan & Albaani authenticated it as in Saheeh Tirmidhi no. 2895.

[8] Narrated by Tirmidhi (5:610) no. 3663, Ibn Majah (1:37) no.97, Ibn Abee ‘Aasim in as-Sunnah no. 1148 & authenticated by Albaani authenticated it as in Saheeh Tirmidhi no. 2896.

Apart from the above two, this hadeeth can be found : 


Hudhaifa b. al Yaman (Allah be well pleased with him) as per:

- Al Tirmidhi, Sunan (no.3663)
- Ibn Majah, Sunan (no.97)
- Imam Ahmed, Musnad (no.23,293)
- Ibn Abi Shayba, Musannaf (no.31,942)
- Ibn Sa'ad, Tabaqat al Kubra (2/334)
- Al Hakim, Mustadrak (no.4454)
- Al Bayhaqi, Sunan al Kubra (no.9836 and no.16,368)
- Ibn Abdul Barr, al Tamhid (22/126)
- Ibn Asakir, Tarikh Dimashq (5/14, 44/230 and elsewhere)
- Abu Nu'aym, Hilya al Awliya (9/109)
- Al Baghawi, Tafsir (verse 4:59)
- Al Qurtubi, Tafsir (verse 59:6-7)

Abdullah b. Mas'ud (Allah be well pleased with him) as in:

- Al Tabarani, Mu'jam al Awsat (no.7177)
- Ibn Asakir, Tarikh Dimashq (30/228)
- Ibn al Athir, Asd al Ghaba (1/648)

There are yet over versions to consider (with additional wording), including from other Companions (Allah be well pleased with them all), recorded in some of the above collections as well as in Sahih Ibn Hibban, al Tahawi's Sharh Mushkil al Athar, al Tabarani's Mu'jam al Kabir and al Khatib al Baghdadi's Tarikh Baghdad.


[9] Narrated by at-Tabraani & al-Khatteeb, Albaani declared it Hasan in Silsilah Saheehah no. 815.

[10] Narrated by Muslim & Ahmad.

[11] Narrated by Tirmidhi & declared Hasan by Albaani.

[12] Narrated by Bukhari, Book 5 ,Volume 57, Hadith 13

[13] Sahih Bukhari, Book 57, Number 18

[14] Sahih Bukhari, Book 57, Number 14

[15] Sahih Bukhari, Book 57, Number 7, Also a similar hadeeth is Collected by Abu Dawood, Ibn Abi Aassim in ‘as-Sunnah’ & Abdullaah bin Ahmad in ‘as-Sunnah’, 
Albaani said it’s Isnad is Saheeh

[16] 'As-Silsilah as-Sahihah'; # 3258

2 comments:

To contact us, Please do so from the "Contact us" tab on the top of this page